Welcome to Industry&Art, the Fall’s Must-See Art Exhibit and Sale
“Celebrating the Worker” honors the diligence and hard work of creation, whether it is a design schematic for a ship, a 300 foot long barge, a photograph, a painting or a sculpture. There truly is an art in mastering most of life’s tasks and an expansive common ground between Industry&Art.
Through the work of more than 30 professional artists, this year’s exhibit seeks to create awareness for the Pacific Northwest’s unique, often hidden, industrial culture. It is an unprecedented 21st century look at the industrial worker of today—the kind of tools they use, the environment they work in, what they create and how those creations make lives better. We hope to see you there.
Special Saturday & Sunday Activities
Saturday and Sunday are family friendly days at Industry&Art with activities for the kids and some exciting extra attractions.
- Enjoy great food and awesome music by the Robbie Laws Blues Band.
- Take a behind-the-scenes shipyard tour and bring home your own hard hat courtesy of our sponsors. Tours are at noon, 2pm and 4pm.
- Climb aboard the fully restored steamer Portland, the last steam-powered, sternwheel tugboat to be built in the United States.
- Get up close to a piece of history, a World War II PT boat.
- Try your hand in our painting simulator. If you like Wii games, you’ll love this.
- Craft your own jewelry with found objects from industrial sites.
- Johnson Foundation
- NW Natural
- April Severson Events
- BlueFly PR
- BMAC Studios
- Devil’s Food Catering
- House of Cards
- Maris Agency
- MKP Creative
- My Bartender
- Pete Krebs Trio
- Raglione Construction
- Red Slate Wine Company
- Robbie Laws
- Road Dog
- Save the PT Boat Inc.
- Smart Tech AV
- State of Sound, Inc.
- Steamer Portland
- West Coast Event Productions
- Widmer Brewery
Industry&Art extends a special thank you to RACC (the Regional Arts & Culture Council) for their invaluable assistance in recruiting so many talented Pacific Northwest artists for this juried competition.